The editor is responsible for:
- setting the vision and goals for the journal or newsletter;
- setting the editorial policies and style of the publication;
- presenting the proposed budget to the Council executive for prior approval;
- planning and gathering materials for each issue;
- editing all material
- arranging for its preparation and supplying the manuscript and computer disks to the STF Design & Production Unit or another printer; and
- arranging for distribution.
To assist editors in completing their responsibilities, the STF has produced a handbook entitled Special Subject Council Editor’s Handbook. Copies will be distributed to editors at Special Subject Council Day in September of each year. Additional copies can be obtained by calling the STF Design & Production Unit.