Membership and Privacy Chair
Duties of the membership and privacy chair include:
- Publicizing the benefits of joining the council.
- For those Councils whose membership information is maintained by the STF:
- Working with the STF office staff in maintaining an up-to-date membership list.
- Forwarding a copy of each signed and dated membership application/renewal form in a timely manner.
- Informing members of renewal dates, etc.
The Chair also forwards a copy of each signed and dated membership application/renewal form collected at the conference as soon as possible to the STF after the conference is over.
- For those Councils who maintain their own membership information:
- Collecting membership fees
- Keeping a record of such receipts
- Forwarding a cheque to the treasurer
- Maintaining an up-to-date membership
- Providing the STF with a copy of each signed and dated membership/renewal form by June 15 of each year for grant purposes
- Responsibility for compliance with applicable privacy legislation, including day-to-day oversight.
- Reporting to executive on all aspects relating to membership and suggesting needed policy changes.
- Providing reports as may be required (i.e., annual general meeting, the Council’s regular publications, STF, etc.).
- Working with the convention committee in making necessary arrangements for a membership drive, displays, etc.
- Forwarding all records to the successor.