Healthy Relationships with Others and the Environment
Overview of Concept
In K-9 Health Education and Wellness 10, students have opportunities to consider the importance and influence of relationships on self, others, and the environment, manage peer pressure, examine the impact of prejudice, stereotypes, and bias on relationships, and develop interpersonal skills. Learning opportunities inform decision-making and action to nurture healthy relationships at home, at school, and in the community. At different grade levels, many interdisciplinary connections can be made, for example, to Arts Education (Creative/Productive), English Language Arts (Compose and Create), Physical Education (Relationships), and Social Studies (Resources and Wealth).
- Why are healthy relationships important?
- What does it mean to be a good friend?
- How are people transformed through their relationships with others and the environment?
- How does power influence relationships?
- What matters most in relationships?